Ficus Lyrata ‘Bambino’ (Dwarf Fiddle Leaf Fig) boasts glossy compact leaves that will make any fiddle leaf fig lover excited. This dwarf variety displays smaller, more compact foliage compared to its cousin the Fiddle Leaf Fig. Growing in an upright state, this variety will continue growing tall and not short as its common name insinuates.
- Light:F. lyrata requires bright, filtered light. These plants can even tolerate some full sun, especially if placed in an eastern-facing window. Plants that are kept in very low light conditions will fail to grow rapidly.
- Water: Keep steadily moist, but don't allow it to sit in water or it will drop leaves and suffer from root rot.
- Temperature: As a tropical plant, your fiddle-leaf fig likes it warm, between 60 and 80 F and doesn't like extreme temperature variations. Position it away from air conditioning and heating vents.
- Soil: Any good, fast-draining potting soil will do.
- Fertilizer: Feed with a weak liquid fertilizer throughout the growing season.